Posted 12 May 2020
Congratulations Coasties! We are reopening on Thursday, 14th May! It really has been a marathon! We appreciate that it has been a trying time for you and our retailers alike and thank you for your continued support. To our retailers who haven’t been able to open – FINALLY! Please support these businesses and shop local. It has been incredibly difficult for them and so looking forward to having you back. In Level 2 we can now open all our retail, under continued social distancing and hygiene precautions. Please wash your hands, thoroughly and often! There are some precautionary efforts that we have made for Level 2:
- Making alcohol-based hand sanitiser at key locations and entrances.
- Increasing frequent cleaning and disinfecting of regularly used objects and hard surfaces (e.g. hand-rails and bathroom door handles)). Rubbish bins will also be emptied more regularly.
- Facilitating and encouraging social distancing guidelines. This includes avoiding any activities or circumstances that encourage gathering. Tables and seating areas have been reduced and separated. For lift access, where applicable, please use within your bubble giving priority to those elderly or those who need assistance.
- Promoting contactless transactions such as paywave instead of cash for payments. Retailers have been encouraged to facilitated distancing at counters and benches.
- Hairdressers, nail technicians and beauty and masseuse therapists are required to wear appropriate PPE and this must be adhered to without exception.
- Monitoring and encouraging customer adherence to relevant public health guidelines by security guards and other centre personnel.
- Regular check-ins with retailers on their well-being, ensuring employees and contractors are properly trained and have access to relevant information. This includes ensuring retailers are regularly cleaning surfaces and eftpos machines within their store.